ss_blog_claim=0da8aa37712771e96058d3e4fee72ba9 ss_blog_claim=400a580db033fcef377863558061f06a

Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Best Taco Salad Ever

This blog is going to be a new recipe everyday. I have cooked for my family for 36 years, and friends and family has always told me I should open a restaurant! I have decided to share these recipes in a blog. I hope you all enjoy them!

Taco Salad

1 lb hamburger browned add 1 tbs taco sauce to the meat. Drain and then stir in the following :

1 pkg taco seasoning
16 oz thousand island dressing
1/2 c. sugar
1 can of dark red kidney beans

Cool the above once you have it all combined.

1 head of lettuce
4 med tomatoes
1 med onion
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 14 oz bag of corn chips ( I use plain Doritos )

Chop the lettuce, dice the tomatoes and onion.

Just before serving mix the meat mixture and all the salad ingredients and the cheese and then toss in the chips ( I squeeze the bag to break them up a little ).

This is a great dish for a picnic, you can put each ingredient into it's own Ziploc bag and then toss it all together into a large bowl just before serving. I even do this at home if I want to make it up early and hold it in the refrigerator till I'm ready for it.

No comments: