ss_blog_claim=0da8aa37712771e96058d3e4fee72ba9 ss_blog_claim=400a580db033fcef377863558061f06a

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

GRANDMAS PUMPKIN PIE

Here is another recipe of my Moms. She always used squash instead of pumpkin. My dad grew these great big white crook necked squash, that were for baking pies. My dad would etch in my kid's names when the squash was tiny and then as it grew so would there names! We would cut the squash up and cook it and then freeze it up in containers for pies. Pumpkin works fine, instead of the squash.

Grandmas Pumpkin Pie

1 cup pumpkin
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 can carnation milk (or half & half) and enough regular milk to fill up to 2 cups.
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix all in a mixer. Pour into unbaked pie shells and bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 400 degrees.
To test if its finished baking slide a table knife into the center and if it comes out clean it is done.

Makes 2 (9 inch) pies.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I have just copied your recipe and plan to try it out. I have a squash sitting on my counter that I have been wondering what I would do with it. Now I know. I just discovered your blog and I will be checking back.