ss_blog_claim=0da8aa37712771e96058d3e4fee72ba9 ss_blog_claim=400a580db033fcef377863558061f06a

Thursday, November 27, 2008

ICED TEA


A great way to make iced tea. I have made my iced tea like this for the past 36 years, it is delicious!

Iced Tea

3 family sized Lipton tea bags
5 whole cloves

Place tea bags and cloves in a container , pour 1 qt. boiling water over them.

1 1/2 cups sugar

Squeeze tea bags and then put sugar into a 1 gallon pitcher and then pour hot tea mixture over the sugar. Stir well and then add cold water to fill container. Stir again and chill. (leave the whole cloves in the pitcher as the flavor just gets better over time). Pour over ice in a nice tall glass and enjoy!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds good. I've never had iced tea with cloves in it. I'll have to try it.

Chef E said...

Now it is time to read your food journey!

I love me some tea!

AK Mom said...

We love iced tea in our house. I've never tried it with cloves though. Sounds delicious!
Please stop by my blog for a well deserved award.
http://akbaking.blogspot.com/

Cottonpickinfarm said...

We have our 30 year reunion next summer. I'd like to make this tea for more than 200 people attending the BBQ. Gonna present it to the reunion committee. Thank you!

Maggie said...

One of my favorite iced teas is Constant Comment which is primarily orange and clove. I have to try just the cloves.